Facebook is a great way to engage your audiences in between concerts to keep them listening to your music and thinking about your group.
Tips from part 1:
- Use your cover photo and profile picture to really tell the world what your group is all about and make your personality show through.
- Be careful with using a group photo for your profile photo. When the picture gets compressed it can be hard to tell what is going on.
- Post pictures from your phone as events occur, even if they aren’t the best photos in the world. Your audience loves to see what your group is up to as it occurs and will forgive you for any bad photography.
- Be sure to go back and reposition photos you post to make your page look clean.
- Network with other handbell people by linking to them.
- Videos are the most engaging content you can post on your timeline. Facebook Marketing says that videos are 120% more likely to be clicked on than text based status updates.
Part 2 will be up next Tuesday, and it will include information on using the administrative features of Facebook to make your page more informative.